The OneTouch UI on the XF camera is a seamless combination of intuitive dials, keys and touch screen interactions. Each operation is used only where it makes sense and where you want it. OneTouch UI is designed with the goal of making controls so simple that photographers will feel at home within moments of getting started. The XF camera can be operated either from the camera itself or from a tethered computer. To achieve this, we have removed all hard-coded button functionality including any physical markings on the camera. This allows complete freedom to configure the systems controls to best fit your individual needs. The waist-level finder is convenient for many styles of photography, be it in studio or on location. With the ability to retain the connection between photographer and model or simply to attain a more effective working position, the waist-level finder is a great addition to the creative toolbox. Light metering is typically done through a cameras Prism viewfinder, a challenge that until now hasn't been solved in a waist-level finder. The XF Camera System can measure the light on the newly designed HAP-1 autofocus platform. Using this ability, light metering is now available with our waist-level finder. Issue solved.
With a solid glass prism, the 90° viewfinder is the brightest of its kind and has virtually no loss of light. Together with nearly 100% frame coverage, the prism viewfinder displays a perfect view of the scene and comes standard on all XF Camera Systems. HAP-1 is designed with a brand new custom processor, coupled with a high-resolution CMOS AF sensor. Combining a unique floating-point architecture and a fully programmable interface, HAP-1 is easy to expand and will allow us to continuously tailor the autofocus system to meet your needs, providing user-accessible software updates for years to come. The initial configuration of HAP-1 is built for precision in typical professional environments. Using a new white spectrum focus assist light and Phase One developed focusing patterns; Auto Focus is more accurate than ever, right out of the gate. When photographers require the maximum allowable depth of field, the optimal technique used is to apply a hyperfocal distance measurement. Depending on aperture and lens used, the optimal Focus Point is typically a few steps under infinity. With the new Hyperfocal Point Focusing, it is now possible to set the ideal Hyperfocal Point for each lens and have HAP-1 automatically return to that specific point on demand. Two separate, yet fully integrated, touch displays are now available on the XF Camera System. The 1.6" grip screen is designed for clear visibility in any lighting condition using a transflective capacitive touch display. The back screen is a retina touch screen designed to show high-quality image previews, providing the ability to zoom to 100% with a simple tap. With 3.2" inch there is ample space to compose and review, as well as operate advanced tools.
When it comes to image quality, Capture One PRO is an important ingredient that distinguishes Phase One Systems from the rest. Our hardware and software teams have worked closer than ever to perfectly develop the IIQ RAW file, allowing all elements to play in perfect harmony. Images have never looked more natural and pleasing. Rendering images in Capture One PRO at the exact moment of capture, using a USB 3.0 tethered connection, is the preferred workflow for many industry-leading photographers. You instantly see your vision become a reality on screen. With the Phase One XF System and Capture One PRO 8.3, we are raising the bar for tethered workflow and camera communication. The new OneTouch UI on the XF Camera System can be configured directly from within Capture One PRO. This makes it easy to change, customize and configure controls for any type of photography, directly from your computer - a blessing for you and your digital assistant.
While most photographers are familiar with interchangeable lenses, the XF System takes modularity a significant step further. Camera body, viewfinder and digital back are all interchangeable, providing options to match the particular needs of a photographer, shoot or workflow. With the brand new range of IQ3 Digital Backs, together with the previous IQ range of Digital Backs, it is possible to find a XF Camera System that fits your exact needs. Click on "explore configurations" to find information on XF System configurations. A benefit of modularity is photographer's ability to easily upgrade a single component at a time. With a modular design there is no need to discard a perfectly good system only to gain features related to the camera body. The XF camera body is fully compatible with previous generation IQ Digital Backs, allowing existing IQ customers to easily access the new XF camera platform. The XF Camera System is compatible with all generations of IQ Digital Backs. We already prepared the IQ2 range of Digital Backs for the XF Camera System, so they get almost full access to the same features as the IQ3 range, simply by applying a firmware upgrade. The IQ1 range of Digital Backs gains access to the same level of functionality as they have on current systems, but with the many added benefits of the XF Camera Body, such as improved speed, reliability, sensors and autofocus.
The software running on the XF is designed as an independent and upgradeable operating system. This allows for easy and fast upgrades, providing both new features and unique customization. By using our new Camera OS, photographers will be able to upgrade their XF System at regular intervals in order to benefit from the new opportunities of technology. HAP-1 is designed with a brand a new custom processor, coupled with an independent high-resolution CMOS AF sensor. Combining a unique floating-point architecture and a fully programmable interface, HAP-1 is easy to expand and will allow us to continuously tailor the autofocus system and release user-accessible software updates for years to come. The XF Camera System is founded on modern hardware and an open platform philosophy, allowing us to continuously add new upgrades in accordance with the changing pace of technology. Additionally, other manufacturers can interface with each individual component so we can offer photographers with a future proof platform. When we say that our product life cycles are long, it's a proven fact. Customers, who invested in Phase One P backs in 2004, have received additional functionality as late as in 2014, from both Firmware upgrades and Capture One processing software.
- Autofocus Platform: The XF Camera System marks an important milestone for Phase One - a new patent pending and fully controlled in-house autofocus system. The Honeybee Autofocus Platform (HAP-1).
- Flexible OneTouch User Interface (UI): Based on clean Scandinavian design principles, the OneTouch UI is a seamless and highly customizable combination of dials, keys and touch screens allowing photographers to personalize camera controls for their specific shooting requirements, via camera or software. Using a new modern Phase One Camera OS, the OneTouch UI is user upgradeable and will be shaped in accordance with customer needs and feedback.
- IQ3 digital back: The IQ3 50MP Digital Back features a high-bandwidth interface that enables advanced tools in the new OneTouch UI including power-sharing capabilities.
- Lenses ready for 100MP and beyond: Two new Phase One Schneider Kreuznach Leaf Shutter lenses, 120mm and 35mm, are both designed to resolve beyond 100MP. They enter Phase One's range of 20 high-resolution medium format optics, including a dedicated Leaf Shutter range, a Focal Plane range, specialty and zooms, and support for 60 legacy lenses.
- Capture One 8.3: Delivering the markets best RAW image quality, 25+ advanced photographic tools and industry leading professional workflow. The new Capture One PRO is built specifically for XF and adds the possibility to customize XF camera system controls and delivers up to 30 percent faster tethered shooting.
- Modular Viewfinders: Including a new 90° Prism viewfinder and a new waistlevel finder. The full frame solid glass prism viewfinder is the brightest of its kind, and comes standard on all XF cameras. The new waist-level viewfinder (an industry classic) can measure exposure thanks to the HAP-1 autofocus platform ability to perform light metering.